- When running IosDriver for XCUITest devices, Appium does not support updating the text in the text-field when using a keyboard application other than the iOS Keyboard.
- XCUITest implementation is fully compatible with Appium 1.7.2
- Perfecto Automation is fully compatible with Selenium 3.6.0
- Java client supported version upgraded to 5.0.4
- Devices running iOS 11.1 - some vitals measurements are affected by changes in the Apple API. See details.
- Fixed: Get file REST API command supports filenames that include wildcards on Windows-based MCM. All files that match the filename specified will be copied to the Perfecto Lab repository.
- Fixed: Image injection for barcode reader applications support use of the PhoneGap Plugin BarcodeScanner interface on iOS devices.
- Use the Appium mobile:scroll to automate a controlled scroll of the elements on an iOS device operating the XCUITest Framework. This command script offers different options to scroll a specific UI Element to become visible or to scroll a basic distance on the screen. Read more details here.
- When using the audio-to-text functions, users can now use the profile parameter to select between a faster recognition algorithm and a more robust algorithm for performing the conversion.
- Fixed: Appium driver methods closeApp() and resetApp() perform properly when both the appPackage and appActivity capabilities are supplied.
- Limitation: The Appium method hideKeyboard() is known to be unstable when used on iPhone devices, as listed in Appium’s currently known open issues. Using this method for an iOS device may cause the Appium script to hang. Appium identifies that the problem is because - "There is no automation hook for hiding the keyboard,...rather than using this method, to think about how a user would hide the keyboard in your app, and tell Appium to do that instead (swipe, tap on a certain coordinate, etc…)"
- Fixed: Working with an iOS device, configured for XCUITest Framework, using a findElement() method and supplying an XPath that uses the visible or hittable attributes will correctly identify the UI Element.
- Fixed: When working with XCUIElementTypeButton, the methods getText() and getAttribute("value") are compatible with the Appium behavior:
- If button is selected - both return the visible text.
- If button is not selected - getText() returns the visible text, getAttribute("value") returns null.
- Improved: Additional findElement() performance improvement (70% faster) when automating applications on iOS devices running XCUITest Framework.
- Pass command-line arguments to your iOS applications from your Appium automation script using the processArguments capability.
- When using the Eclipse/IntelliJ Plugin to run parallel Selenium/Appium executions on different open devices, video will be recorded separately for each execution and its specific device. This guarantees that the report for each execution includes the video for the relevant device.
- Select a device using the automationInfrastructure parameter, that indicates what framework the device is configured to work with, or retrieve the framework identification from Device Info . The options are:
- iOS devices: either XCUITest or UI Automation
- Android devices: either UIAutomator1 or UIAutomator2
- Appium scripts, on iOS 10 devices configured for XCUITest execution, will be run on the Safari browser, if no application bundleID is supplied.
- Running Appium XCUITest scripts on iOS 10 is available only on devices using XCUITest automation infrastructure. As a result of this change, use of the automationName capability for selection of UIAutomation or XCUITest is now optional, making it easier to run the same scripts across different iOS versions. See the details.
- Fixed: Avoid memory leaks when execution termination fails.
- Fixed: XPath specifiers that reference the @text property of an XCUITest UI Element will work and may be used together with Perfecto text analysis.
- Appium users can use the new baseAppiumBehavior capability to select the behavior of the IsVisible attribute of UI Elements in Appium:
- "YES" means that an element isVisible if it is not only on the screen but also hit-able
- "NO" (default) means that an element isVisible if it is on the screen. This is the normal Perfecto behavior.
- The Perfecto Automation Framework object-tree is not supported for iOS devices configured for the XCUITest framework. This includes iOS 11 devices and specially configured iOS 10 devices.
- Perfecto now provides a translation mechanism to support Perfecto Automation Framework based XPath specifiers when working with these devices. Read more about this mechanism here.
- Fixed: XCUITest based test scripts support the Perfecto Home and Start Application commands (Selenium based on ExecuteScript).
- New: When using the audio to text functions, the AudioText report is now included as a report attachment. It can be downloaded via REST API when XML reports is enabled.
- Set fingerprint supports additional information for injecting a failure status of the fingerprint authentication. This allows the automation script to test different scenarios of why the injected fingerprint failed the authentication. Use any of the following status:
- Authorization failed - indicates fingerprint not recognized
- User or system cancel - indicates that authentication failed due to cancellation
- Alternative method - user selected to provide different credentials
- Lockout - application should lock the account due to multiple failures
- New API to generate Security Token programmatically. API works on basis of the username and password and returns the generated Security Token. The new token invalidates any existing Security Token for the user.
- New option for installing applications on devices - update an application and save the existing application data by using the dataReset parameter of the Install application command set to noreset. Appium users can use the dataReset capability set to false.
- Fixed: Audio file recorded by the Start/Stop Audio Recording commands is available when the Stop Audio Recording command completes. No need to add Wait commands before retrieving the file.
- Fixed: When finding a parent and a child web element, then reloading the page (or navigating to another page and then back to the original page) and then looking for a different child of the same parent, the new find will not be based on the cached copy of the parent, to insure that proper web element is identified.
- Help pages for the Native Automation commands now display from the Perfecto Information Portal - the format is slightly different but the information remains reliable.
- Use Sensor instrumentation during application installation, replaces separate camera and fingerprint instrumentation and provides the functionality to support image injection and fingerprint validation, and future sensor support.
- Important: Perfecto has upgraded its Selenium server version. As a result -
- Minimum Selenium client software version, for test scripts, should be updated to Selenium v2.53.0.
- Minimum Appium client software version, for test scripts, should be updated to Appium v3.4.1.
- Test scripts, based on earlier versions of the Selenium or Appium clients, that cause exceptions may receive unrelated exception messages. For example, an "UnreachableBrowserException" may be thrown in place of "NoSuchElementException" when using a FindElement() method.
- Forgot password link is active for 30 minutes from the time that email is sent to user. Email message is updated to reflect this limited time period.
- Parameter values for the allocatedTo and reservedTo of the Get Devices List command are now case insensitive.
- Fixed - Select device does not include open devices in the options to select from.
- Speedup the findElement method for iOS applications with View objects that have a large number of children objects by optimizing object tree generation and limiting the tree to only the currently visible objects.
- Improved - Audio recording supports recording of very short audio sound-bites. Added robustness.
- Limitation: When using the Test start command in Native Automation scripts, if you supply the Job Name value then also supply a Job Number. If only one of these is supplied, an error is reported on the Test start command.
- New Functionality - Support for Audio recording - record audio output from the device as a media file in the Perfecto Lab Repository.
- Fixed - Text checkpoint performs the OCR match successfully when the Timer accuracy parameter is set to accurate. The "find firstMatch returned zero" issue is solved.
- Fixed - Perfecto now controls the number of threads generated by Google Maps application to reduce the danger of Perfecto Lab shutting down.
- Perfecto Lab plugin now fully supports UFT 14.0
- Support for DigitalZoom Reporting of Native Automation scripts, read more.
- Fixed - User commands and subscripts saved in Repository folders that are deeper than three levels now are activated with the proper values assigned to the command/script parameters.
- Execution center now supports searching for execution reports based on the Execution-id.
- Fixed: WebView instrumentation now takes the visibility of WebViews into consideration when mapping children to the Appium tree WebView objects. Improved ObjectSpy and Selenium XPath behavior.
- Fixed: Limit of 20 scheduled executions is per user in group.
- Alignment with AppliTools. Screenshots for Android Chrome will show only the viewports. Feature is configured off by default.
- Fixed: OCR process auto-recovers when stopped. Text identification completes successfully.