To take advantage of the reporting framework in your automation scripts, simply implement the following basic steps:
- Create an instance of the ReportiumClient object
The ReportiumClient monitors the application and transfers the report information and artifacts to the Reporting storage server.
- Create a PerfectoExecutionContext instance.
The execution context defines metadata for the Execution report. The metadata includes "tags" that can be used to select the execution report from the list of reports.
A single Execution report may include multiple test-reports.
- Start the "test" - notify the Reporting Client that the test unit for the report is starting.
This indicates the point of a single test. use the testStart() method of the ReportingClient class.
- Define the logical steps of the test.
Each logical step may include a number of actual command steps in the automation script, but delineate a logical sequence of command steps.
The report will show the collection of the logical steps, that can be drilled down to check the component command steps.
- Stop the "test" - notify the Reporting client that the test-unit has completed providing a status for the test completion.
- Gain access to the final report.
Reporting Client can supply the URL to the report for retrieval.
The actual report is not readily available, as it has to be compiled from the different component artifacts.
- In addition, Reporting supplies an API that supports exporting the execution report or individual test reports in different formats.
The following video shows an overview how to integrate the Reporting SDK into your test script:
The following pages provide details on how to implement reporting for your programming languages and framework