Enables selecting and launching a device according to device attributes, instead of a specific device ID.
For example, specifying an iPad 4 model will randomly select an available iPad 4 device.
Launch a mobile device by clicking the Launch Mobile button in Perfecto IDE.
Select the device you would like to launch and click Open.
Device Status Options
The following table explains the different device status designations:
|Available||Device available for immediate use|
|Opened||Device in use by your user account|
|Reserved||Device reserved for your user account|
|Busy||Device in use by another user account|
|Offline||Device currently disconnected|
Narrowing the Selection
The Launch Mobile window provides three ways to filter or sort the list of devices displayed and make it easier to pinpoint the device to work on:
- In the upper left corner of the window are the Filter fields - you can narrow the list to only display the devices from
- Particular manufacturer (for example, Samsung or Apple), and model (for example iPhone-6 or iPad4)
- Location (for example, Virtual Lab or NA-US-BOS)
- Available model from specific manufacturer
After making your selection, click the Filter button.
- In the upper right corner, you can use the Search for device field to enter any key word (for example an OS <Android, iOS>, deviceID). The field will perform an incremental search of the list of devices narrowing the list to those that have a field that match the entry.
- All of the columns in the table can be used to sort the devices by clicking the column header.
Desktop Web device
Enables selecting and launching desktop web device according to operating system and browser attributes.
For example, specifying a Windows 8.1 Operating System with Chrome browser version 50.
Launch a mobile device by clicking the Launch Web button in Perfecto IDE.
Note: the Launch Web button will not appear if the DESKTOP_WEB Role is not configured for the user.
Select the OS, OS Version, Browser and Browser Version to launch and click Open. If required, you can also set the device resolution and location.