Last updated: Mar 14, 2019 10:52
The Perfecto Continuous Quality Lab provides, in addition to the large set of mobile and wearable devices, a set of desktop-web environments for testing web applications. The web environments are characterized by -
- Operating System - for example Windows 8.1 or MacOS Sierra
- Browser version - for example Chrome v62, Firefox v58, Safari v10
- Screen resolution - to support testing responsive web applications.
- Browser location setting - either US East, AP Sydney, or EU Frankfurt.
The Web device is presented to the test script as a virtual machine, hosted by the Perfecto CQ Lab. Normal initialization for the latest version combinations of the VM is approximately 3-5 seconds.
Use the browserVersion capability to select the version of the browser to configure in your Desktop Web device.
You can follow the browser version road-maps at the following links:
Chrome available versions
Firefox available versions
IE available versions
Windows OS Server edition
|Windows 7||68-73, beta||60-65, beta||11 (see note 2)|
|Windows 8.1||68-73, beta||60-65, beta||11|
|Windows 10||68-73, beta||60-65, beta||11|
|14-17||Win 10 Embedded|
|Support policy||Beta, Production version - 6||Beta, Production version - 6||Production version||Production version - 3|
Due to Microsoft licensing issues, when requesting a desktop edition, its MS Server counterpart is supplied. This does not affect the view or the input needed in the capabilities, but entails usage of slightly different libraries.
- 1024x768 (default)
Mac Web sessions are created using physical Mac machines installed at your Perfecto CQ Lab.
Perfecto's Selenium Web testing is supported according to the lists below.
Mac OS Version
|MacOS High Sierra||11||68-73, beta||60-65, beta|
|OS X El Capitan||10-11||68-73, beta||60-65, beta|
|OS Mojave||12||68-73, beta||Not supported|
OS Version 10.14
Contact Support to upgrade MacOS
|Support policy||Production version - 1||Beta, Production version - 6||Beta, Production version - 6|
Multi locations for Mac Web sessions are possible only if your company has multiple Perfecto Labs with Mac machines installed.
- 1024x768 (default)
- Perfecto's extensions, aside from Visual Analysis commands, are currently not supported for desktop Web testing.
- Desktop-web devices, used in Selenium scripts, may not be displayed on the Perfecto Dashboard. If this is a requirement, follow the instructions here.
- When creating a session with platformName capability set to Mac, the location capability is mandatory.
- Mac Web sessions are created on real machines. This limits their number and type to the Mac machines installed on site (CQ Lab).
The following operations are not currently supported in devices with the specified configurations:
Configuration Operations not supported Mac with Safari browser
Safari earlier than v11
The driver.manage.maximize() function due to Selenium issue. Mac with Safari browser
Firefox v53 or later 1. MouseClick