Last updated: Dec 06, 2016 11:45
Mobile and web developers constantly need to develop and validate their code on real mobile devices.
Developers weren’t able, until now, to leverage mobile lab solutions for their development activities since they were blocked and couldn’t integrate remote devices with their development tools to perform their tasks.
Perfecto DevTunnel opens a new era for developers in the mobile development evolution. Now developers will be able to leverage Real devices in the Perfecto Continuous Quality Lab (CQ Lab) while connecting to real hosted devices on the cloud “as if” they were connected locally to their workstation over a USB cable while they can also fully control the device environment in order to perform development and debugging activities.
- Shared resources – Developers can share real mobile devices, hosted across the globe for their development activities. There is no more need to have local pools of devices at each location to cover multiple OS versions & device models. Devices are always available and accessible.
- Reduce time to fix – DevTunnel's remote access provides both the ability to easily debug on remote devices as well to easily reproduce complex issues, both issues detected by QA as well the ones that come from production. Easily configure the environment (e.g. network, location etc) while you have full access with your debugger.
- Easy setup and integration – Easy setup and fully integrated to the developers existing tools stack.
DevTunnel General Flow
The general flow of developing with the Perfecto Lab DevTunnel feature involves:
- Installing DevTunnel Connection Software (one time installation).
- Connect Perfecto Lab Device for DevTunnel from either the Perfecto Interface or your IDE Plugin.
- Use the Perfecto Lab device, in place of the SDK emulators, for development, testing, and debugging with full integration with the IDE or Chrome inspect.
Using DevTunnel - the quick start video