Last updated: Dec 09, 2018 15:25
The Perfecto Execution Center provides information and allows a user to interact with the test executions running on Perfecto Lab devices. The Execution Manager offers two ways to interact:
- Use the graphic User Interface - displays information on all of the user's executions (for administrator - all executions) and supports stopping a set of executions.
- Use the Execution Manager HTTP API to retrieve test execution information of currently running executions in JSON format or to stop a specific test execution.
Accessing the Execution Center
From UI Landing Page
After logging in to Perfecto CQ Lab at: https://<CQLab>.app.perfectomobile.com, you will see the UI Landing Page:
Click on the Live Stream icon and you will enter the Execution Center.
From Other Application Display
From either the DigitalZoom reporting server or another application, use the Application Selector Menu to select the Live Stream display.
Live Stream (Execution Center UI)
Live Stream View
The Live Stream displays the list of running Test Executions with the following information for each test run -
- Identification information - Execution Name & Execution Owner. Execution Name is determined as the value of the scriptName capability defined in the test script.
- Timing Information - Time execution started (in browser's local timezone) and the time execution has been running (split into minutes, seconds, milliseconds)
- Device Information - Characteristics of the device used for the test execution
- Device type - icon indicates whether device is a Mobile or Desktop-Web device.
- Device model - For Mobile - the device model, For Desktop-Web - the VM Operating System (Windows | Mac)
- OS - the operating system version
- Browser - if test running on a browser icon indicates the type of browser and number indicates browser version.
- Resolution - display resolution of the device.
- More - any additional information regarding the device.
By default, the list of executions is sorted by their start time (newest executions listed at the top) - to change the sorting parameter:
- Click on the header of any column and the executions will be sorted by that parameter.
- Click multiple times on the column to switch between ascending and descending order.
The column used to sort the list is indicated by a small triangle in the column header - the triangle will point down for descending order and upward for ascending order.
Filtering the list of executions
Use the Search/Filter field in the upper right side of the display to filter the list of executions to show only those executions that match the search term you enter.
You can enter any string that would appear in the execution listing and the Live Stream view will only display executions that have a string that match the string.
Select a execution by clicking anywhere in the row where the execution is listed.
To select a number of executions listed consecutively -
- Select the first execution by clicking anywhere in the row.
- Go to last execution in sequence and click on it while holding down the Shift key.
The Selected executions will be indicated by a check-mark in the selection box on the far-left side of the execution's listing row.
When, at least, one execution is selected a new header row is displayed for the executions list. The header includes:
- The number of executions currently selected
- Two action buttons -
- Stop Execution - clicking this button will cause the selected executions to be stopped (see below for more information).
- Clear selection - cancels the selection, the header row will disappear and the check-boxes will be cleared.
Stopping Selected executions
When you select any number of executions from the list, and then click the Stop Execution button:
- A confirmation popup is displayed for 3 seconds, allowing you to cancel the Stop action.
- Click the Cancel button to allow the executions to continue their execution.
- If the Cancel button is not clicked within the 3 seconds, all selected executions will be stopped by the Perfecto Lab.
Viewing Live Video (Early Access Feature)
The Execution Center allows you to view the ongoing fast web test executions in real time. When a fast web based automation test is ongoing it will appear in the list, as described above. Hovering over the execution's entry will display a "video selection icon" ().