Last updated: Oct 29, 2019 13:49
Welcome to the Perfecto Documentation Portal. This space includes everything you need to get started and to get the most out of our product.
Overview of services
Click a tab to view a description of the respective service.
The Perfecto Lab integrates with a wide variety of automation test frameworks, eliminating any problem that organizations may face to be limited to a specific automation test framework. This flexibility enables teams to unify their approach to testing digital experiences across multiple devices and technologies. You can automate the Perfecto Lab and the devices accessible over the network using:
- Selenium's RemoteWebDriver to automate web applications on any mobile platform
- Selenium's dedicated browser drivers or RemoteWebDriver to automate desktop web applications
- Appium's drivers for iOS or Android applications on mobile devices
- Espresso or Robotium unit or UI tests on a variety of actual Android devices rather than simulators
- XCTest or XCUITests for unit testing or UI testing of iOS based applications
For more information, see the Automation frameworks section.
With Perfecto, you can select one or more mobile or desktop web devices and immediately start testing in the lab as if the devices were in your own hands. You can also save a report and then analyze it with Smart Reporting.
For more information, see the Manual testing section.
Perfect Codeless is AI-driven test automation that is based on Selenium. It lets you:
- Complement or replace Selenium for test creation.
- Create tests on the fly using record and playback functionality.
- Add checkpoints and validations for objects, text elements, and visuals.
- Identify and resolve bugs quickly and easily.
- Defer maintenance time due to algorithms that self-heal website element locators.
- Manage tests easily with the build-in test management capabilities.
- Integrate tests with CI/CD tools.
For more information, see the Codeless automation section.
Perfecto's Smart Reporting feature provides extensive test analysis capabilities in form of a multiple execution digital report. The Test Analysis UI enables quick navigation within your latest build execution. It provides visibility of your test execution status and lets you quickly identify potential problems with an aggregated report. You can:
- Hone-in and explore your test results within customized views that include logical steps and synced artifacts.
- Distinguish between test methods within a long execution.
- Add personalized logical steps and tags according to your team and organization.
For more information, see the Test analysis with Smart Reporting section.
Perfecto provides a rich REST API that you can use to extend the automation of Selenium and Appium with functionality not readily available with frameworks that target emulators. These features include the following and more:
- Select the device to test on, whether a mobile or desktop.
- Use the device sensors to verify your application's integration with the camera, fingerprint sensor, and more.
- Generate phone calls or SMS messages from a device with a SIM card.
- Create a virtual network to automate the applications in different environments.
For more information, see the REST API section.
Perfecto Connect is a secured network connection that supports testing mobile or web apps hosted on the local development network by opening a direct connection between devices in the Perfecto Lab and a local network/backend server or a staged app that is not publicly available in other environments. This dedicated tunnel connection precludes the need for opening a VPN tunnel or defining the Perfecto Lab in the IP whitelist of the development network. Perfecto Connect involves:
- Using a simple client command-line interface to establish the dedicated tunnel to the Perfecto Lab
- Selecting devices in the Automation script and associating them to the relevant tunnel
- Running the tests on the applications that reside in the secure zone of the development network
For more information, see the Perfecto Connect section.
Access and navigate the Perfecto UI landing page
- To access the Perfecto UI landing page, go to the following URL:
https://<YOUR LAB ID>.app.perfectomobile.com
<YOUR LAB ID>is the name assigned to the Perfecto instance that you are connected to.
- On the login page, enter your username and password and click SIGN IN.
- On the landing page, use the icons in the center of the page to access the available Perfecto services:
- Manual Testing leads to the device selection and an interactive testing interface, where you can open mobile or desktop web devices for testing.
- Codeless Automation leads to the interface that lets you create codeless automation scripts for mobile and web automation.
- Test Analysis leads to test reports and a live stream (formerly know as the execution center) of all executions currently in progress.
Choose a workflow
Based on your role, expand a section below to view the associated workflow.