Last updated: Mar 24, 2020 10:40
- To start using Harness, sign up.
Install the Harness Delegate according to these instructions.
When you have downloaded, unzipped, and run the shell script, the Delegate is installed and should be listed on the Delegates page shortly.Click to view imageClick to view image
2 | Add an artifact server
As an artifact server, you can use either Jenkins or Atlassian Bamboo. In this step, we will walk you through setting it up in Jenkins. You may also refer to the Harness documentation about adding an artifact server.
To add a Jenkins artifact server:
- Click Setup > Connectors > Artifact Servers > Add Artifact Server.
In the Jenkins Artifacts form, do the following:Click to view image
- From the Type list, select Jenkins.
- In the Display Name field, provide a name for the artifact server. This is the name you will use to identify this connection when adding an artifact source to a Harness service.
- In the Jenkins URL field, provide your Jenkins URL, for example
- Under Authentication Mechanism, select UserName/Password or Bearer Token (if available) and provide the credentials.
- Under Usage Scope, do the following:
- Under Applications, click the list and select the name of the application.
- Under Environments, select the type of the environment.
- To test if the Jenkins server is reachable, click Test. If successful, a confirmation message appears.
- Click Submit.
3 | Add Jenkins to the pipeline
This section guides you through adding a Jenkins build process to the workflow. You may also refer to the Harness documentation on configuring Jenkins.
To add Jenkins to the pipeline:
- In the Prepare Steps section of the workflow, click Add Step and select Jenkins.
In the Jenkins Configuration form, do the following:Click to view image
- In the Jenkins server field, select the Jenkins server you added as a Harness artifact server in step 3 above.
- In the Job Name field, select the Jenkins job to build the artifact. The job parameters configured in the Jenkins job are loaded with their default values.
- (Optional) Change the parameter values as needed.
4 | Start deployment
This step walks you through your first deployment.
To start deployment:
- Click Continuous Deployment and select Start New Deployment.
In the Start New Deployment form, to the following:Click to view image
- Select the deployment type.
- From the Application list, select the application.
- From the Pipeline list, select the pipeline to which you added the Jenkins step.
- From the Build/Version list, select the relevant build version.
Following are sample images of successful and failed completions of the pipeline execution. If the Jenkins job fails, the deployment is rolled back.Click to view results of a successful completionClick to view results of a failed completion
Integration with Perfecto Smart Reporting
When you integrate Harness with the CI Dashboard of Perfecto Smart Reporting, you can view the following information in the Perfecto Test Analysis view.