Last updated: Jun 06, 2019 11:28
The Perfecto Gradle Plugin allows the tester to -
- Select a device or multiple devices from the Perfecto Lab to run Apple XCTest/XCUITest.
- Install the application and test files onto the selected devices.
- Run the test methods on the devices.
- See the progress of the test set on the console.
- Access a DigitalZoom Report Library grid that presents the results of the tests.
The procedure presented here is used when the application and test files are available on the local disc storage and the plugin jar file is not installed.
What do we need to do
Executing the plugin is performed as follows
Prepare the application and application test runner files. Read here how to prepare the application files.
Add the Perfecto plugin dependency to your build.gradle file. Read here how to create a build.gradle file.
Select which devices to run on and define other configurations in a configuration file. Read here how to create a configuration file.
Open a command-line (terminal) window in the folder where you want to execute the plugin.
Execute the plugin using the following command in the command-line window:
Here we also supply the full path to the Configuration File created in steps 5-9. Other configuration parameters (except for device selection) could be added to the command line.
- Select the devices as specified in the Device selection parameters of the configuration file [or a random device if no specification provided],
- Install the application and test apk files onto the device
- Run the test methods (based on the configuration parameters)
- Send output to the console window
- Generate an execution report that can be viewed in the DigitalZoom Reporting interface.
- During the execution, the plugin will report on the progress of the execution, and the completion of each test method to the command-line window.
- At the end of the execution, a high-level summary report of the completion status for each device used will be presented in the command-line window
Copy the report URL from the summary report on your console:
- Open the URL in your browser to access the execution report: