Last updated: Aug 14, 2019 23:23
Perfecto Connect is a secured network connection that supports testing Mobile or Web apps hosted on the local development network. The Perfecto Connect feature opens a direct connection between Perfecto Lab devices and a local network/backend server or a staged app that is not publicly available in other environments. This dedicated tunnel connection precludes the need for opening a VPN tunnel or defining the Perfecto Lab in the IP whitelist of the development network.
Perfecto Connect involves:
- Using a simple client command-line interface to establish the dedicated tunnel to the Perfecto Lab
- Selecting devices in the Automation script and associating them to the relevant tunnel
- Running the tests on the applications that reside in the secure zone of the development network
The key values of the Perfecto Connect solution include:
- Supports both Mobile Devices & Desktop Web (fast web Windows devices only)
- Limitation for edge browsers - only versions 14 and 16 are supported.
- Fits any digital interactive, automation, and CI test executions
- Requires no installation (just execute the client application)
- Associates multiple devices with the same tunnel
- Supports tunnel initiation from MacOS, Windows, and Linux workstations
- For debugging and troubleshooting, supports bridging proxies (installed on workstation), including support for Charles proxy and others
- Allows for debugging over real devices from your local network/backend environment
Learn more about using Perfecto Connect in this section: