Last updated: May 05, 2020 13:07
Select iOS Device by Advanced Features
Perfecto introduces a set of Appium Capabilities that characterize a device by the advanced features supported by Perfecto Appium Driver:
fingerPrintSupport - device supports fingerprint injection
motionInjectionSupport - device supports motion injection
faceIDSupport - device supports the Face ID feature
- imageInjectionSupport - device supports camera image injection
voiceAssistantInjectionSupport - device supports injection of voice to OS assistant.
forceTouch - device supports 3D touch feature
- setLocationSupport - device supports setting a mock location
rebootSupport - device supports the reboot command
Use any mix of these new capabilities to characterize the device functionality needed for your particular automation script. The following clip shows how we use one of the capabilities to select a device that supports Voice Assistant Injection to test an interaction with Siri.
Information Portal Adding Secure Interface
The Information Portal is adding support for SSL controlled processing. Change your bookmarks to access the site using the https protocol - https://developers.perfectomobile.com
Automation feature updates
- Fixed: Speech to Text support for Japanese and Chinese produces correct transcription of the audio file input.
Plugin feature updates
- Perfecto Plugin for Android Studio supports Android Studio 3.1.
Developer feature updates
- Espresso testing supported in Android Studio 3.1
- XCUITest and XCTest testing supported for iOS 11.3
- Perfecto Connect supported for iOS 11.3
- DevTunnel adds support for downloading iOS 11.3 system symbols.
- Test Frameworks Support now provides more detailed progress notifications during execution. Allows user to quickly how his tests are progressing and if there are any problems.
iOS support updates
Select a device based on the Perfecto features supported. See details.
This section lists any feature limitations identified during the latest cycles of product development.
- Uninstalling an iOS application using Perfecto icons or functions does not cancel the Location Service and Notification permissions of the application. Read more here.