Last updated: Sep 10, 2020 17:29
Reservations in the Manual Testing view
It is now possible to reserve a mobile device directly from the MY DEVICES tab in the Manual Testing view. In clouds that require a reservation to open a device, clicking the calendar button to the right of the OPEN option expands the Reservation panel on the right, where you can specify the time frame and click CREATE & OPEN for an ad-hoc reservation.
Visual Analysis enhancements
The Text Analysis and Image Analysis options now include the following enhancements:
- Cancel and Add buttons give you more control over parameter selections. When you add new parameters or clear selected checkboxes of parameters already added, the change only takes effect when you click Add. You can also cancel out of existing selections. Previously, any changes to the selections were immediately reflected in the form.
- Test result icons are color-coded: for a success rate of 75-100%, for 25-74%, and for 0-24%
Haystack selection has become easier. You can now select the haystack on the device screen itself, without the need to define percentages in the form. You can still fine-tune your selection using the available fields.
App testing on foldable smartphones
As foldable smartphones are ringing in the future, Perfecto has added support for manual testing on Samsung Galaxy Fold and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold as well as basic automation and accessibility testing.
App testing on foldable phones requires familiarity with a whole array of new terms and features, such as split views, freeform windows, and multi-resume functionality. To ensure that apps run seamlessly when unfolded, you need to test across different attributes, taking into account various resolutions, new screen ratios, and size changes. Here are some key points to consider:
- App, OS, and device compatibility around multi-functionality and transitions between the main display and cover display operation
- Impact on performance due to higher memory and battery consumption
- UI and layout testing across screen sizes, orientation, landscape/portrait format, and more
- Changes to
onPause()functions to support multi-resume and to notify the app when it has the focus
On top of this, you need to perform extensive accessibility testing to meet all relevant legal requirements. To aid you along the way, we present two methods of accessibility testing on foldable smartphones in our latest blog post.
Google Pixel 4A
The new Google Pixel 4A device is now supported and available in the Perfecto cloud.
Support for Appium 1.18 is now available for virtual devices and Android devices. Support for Appium 1.18 is available upon request for all devices. If you are interested in upgrading to Appium 1.18, contact Perfecto Support.
iPhone 12 pre-orders
With the launch date of the new iPhone 12 only days away, Perfecto is preparing for pre-orders. If you are interested in adding iPhone 12 to your Perfecto cloud, contact Perfecto Support or your Perfecto Account Manager.
New platform versions
The following new platforms are now supported:
iOS 14 Beta 7 and Beta 8, with the known limitation that devices with passcode lock may lock up during testing
- iOS 13.7 GA, with the known limitations of previous iOS 13 versions
- Android 11 Beta 3, with the known limitation of secure screens
New browser versions
Support for the following new browser versions is now available:
- Google Chrome 85
- Mozilla Firefox 80 and 81 Beta
- Microsoft Edge 85
In addition, Edge versions 81 and later are now supported for automation testing in clouds with the new architecture.