Last updated: Oct 10, 2019 11:05
To execute the plugin without an Android Studio project:
Add the Perfecto plugin dependency to your
build.gradlefile. Read here how to create a build.gradle file.
Select which devices to run on and define other configurations in a configuration file. Read here how to create a configuration file.
Open a command-line (terminal) window in the folder where you want to execute the plugin.
Execute the plugin using the following command in the command-line window:
Here we also supply the full path to the Configuration File created in steps 5-9. Other configuration parameters (except for device selection) could be added to the command line.
- Select the devices as specified in the Device selection parameters of the configuration file [or a random device if no specification provided],
- Install the application and test APK files onto the device
- Run the test methods (based on the configuration parameters)
- Send output to the console window
- Generate an execution report that can be viewed in the DigitalZoom Reporting interface.
- During the execution, the plugin will report on the progress of the execution, and the completion of each test method to the command-line window.
- At the end of the execution, a high-level summary report of the completion status for each device used will be presented in the command-line window
Copy the report URL from the summary report on your console:
Open the URL in your browser to access the execution report:
The following video demonstrates these steps.