Last updated: Sep 03, 2020 12:06
The left pane contains folders that you can select to focus on only mobile or web devices, or only devices of a specific OS. You can minimize this pane by clicking the left arrow.
You can open a mobile or web device for manual testing or to generate capabilities for automated testing. Up to 6 sessions can run in parallel. A device session times out after 15 minutes of inactivity. If it is not in use by another user, you can reconnect to the device from the My Devices tab.
Display device information
Perfecto displays detailed basic information on the selected device in the details pane on the right.
To display device information:
- In the list or tile view, click a device to select it.
The details pane for the device opens on the right. Clicking More details reveals additional information.
|Mobile device||Web device|
Open a device for testing
You can open any mobile device in the lab or resume a recent web session on a VM that is currently not in use. For desktop web devices, you can also start a new web session. Every device opens in its own, dedicated tab.
To open a device for testing (mobile or web):
- Double-click a list row or tile.
- In the list view, move the pointer over a row to display the Open button; then click Open.
- In the tile view, in the tile for the desired device, click Open.
To start a new web session:
- In the Web folder, click Open New Web Session.
- In the Open new web session form, select the platform (Mac or Windows), the operating system, the browser and version, the resolution, and the location.
- (Optional) Enter the URL you want to test.
- Click Open.
To generate capabilities (for mobile and web devices):
- In the list or tile view, click a device.
- In the details pane on the right, click the Capabilities tab.
- (Mobile device only) Depending on what you want to see in your code sample, select Device attributes or Device ID.
- From the drop-down list, select the programming language to use.
- The code snippet is updated automatically.
- Click Copy to clipboard.
- Paste it into your existing script.