Last updated: Apr 08, 2021 13:54
The left pane contains folders that you can select to focus on only mobile or web devices, or only devices of a specific OS. You can minimize this pane by clicking the left arrow.
You can open a mobile device, a virtual device, or a web device for manual testing or to generate capabilities for automated testing. Up to 6 sessions can run in parallel. A device session times out after 15 minutes of inactivity. If it is not in use by another user, you can reconnect to the device from the My Devices tab.
Display device information
Perfecto displays detailed basic information on the selected device in the details pane on the right.
To display device information:
- In the list or tile view, click a device to select it.
The details pane for the device opens on the right. Clicking More details (if available) reveals additional information.
|Mobile device||Virtual mobile device||Web device|
Open a device for testing
You can open any mobile device in the lab or resume a recent virtual device session or web session on a VM that is currently not in use. For virtual devices, you can start a new device session, and for desktop web devices, you can start a new web session. Every device opens on its own, dedicated tab.
If your cloud requires a reservation to open a real mobile device, you can create the reservation directly from the Manual Testing view.
- On the left, select a folder.
- Do one of the following:
- Double-click a list row or tile.
- In list view, move the pointer over a row to display the Open button; then click Open.
- In tile view, in the tile for the desired device, click Open.
- Do one of the following:
- In tile view, click the calendar icon for the device you want to reserve.
- In row view, move the pointer over the row of the device you want to reserve and then click the calendar icon .
- In the Reservation panel on the right, select a time slot for the device.
- (Optional) Add a description.
- Click CREATE & OPEN.
- In the Virtual device folder, click OPEN A NEW VIRTUAL DEVICE.
In the Open a new virtual device form, select the device operating system, manufacturer, device type, and platform version.
- (Optional) Click View capabilities to view the generated capabilities in the panel on the left and copy them into your automation test.
- Click OPEN. The device that opens is a one-time instance.
Watch this short video for a demo.
For more information, see Supported actions.
- In the Web folder, click OPEN NEW WEB SESSION.
In the Open new web session form, select the platform (Mac or Windows), the operating system, the browser and version, the resolution, and the location.Click to view image
- (Optional) Enter the URL you want to test.
- (Optional) Click View capabilities to view the generated capabilities in the panel on the right and copy them into your automation test.
- Click OPEN.
For more information, see Test web apps on desktop browsers.
The following capabilities are specific to virtual devices. For details, see Supported capabilities for virtual mobile devices.
To generate capabilities (for mobile, virtual, and web devices):
- In the list or tile view, click a device.
- In the details pane on the right, click the Capabilities tab.
(Mobile device only) Depending on what you want to see in your code sample, select Device attributes or Device ID.Click to view image
- From the drop-down list, select the programming language to use.
The code snippet is updated automatically.
- Click Copy to clipboard.
- Paste the code into your existing script.