Quantum is Perfecto's automation framework, designed to give you everything you need from a framework with built in seamless Perfecto integration.
Quantum provides testNG integration for execution management, ability to write BDD scripts and a wide range of pre-built commands. Quantum is a free download from GitHub and can be extended as needed.
The full Quantum course is available for download from this page.
The course can be delivered by a Perfecto Instructor, contact your account manager for more information.
The course contains 7 modules, with a presentation and samples for each module.
The course is designed for teams which have a core of Java developers for writing custom steps as well as test developers that can write BDD tests with existing steps.
Prior Perfecto Experience
Experience with Perfecto is not required. However, teams totally new to the system should add to their training a selection of modules from our Selenium/Appium with Perfecto in Java course which covers all the basics. Discuss this with your trainer.
Download and Use
Training project- https://github.com/Project-Quantum/Training-Course - This is the repository we will use throughout the course.
Assignment answers - https://github.com/Project-Quantum/TrainingAssignments - contains assignment answers, meant to be pasted into the training repository as needed.
Download the modules and the training project repository. Go through the slide and view the samples the modules refer to in the repository. Try running the samples.
At the end of the module, there is an assignment. Try it out and if you get stuck take a peek at the assignments repo and carry on!
- Setup - download the starter kit and run the sample.
- Introducing Quantum - What is Quantum and how does it work with Perfecto? Introducing Behavior Driven Design (BDD) and writing a first BDD script.
- Locators & capabilities - Advanced BDD scripting with an object repository. Learning more on device cababilities and testNG.
- Custom Java Steps - How to create steps in Java? Creating our first steps and using them from within a BDD script.
- Data & executions - Data driven testing, test properties, parallel execution, multiple scenarios and more.
- Quantum & Page Object Model - The best practice for automation implemented in Quantum.
- Power Usage - Desktop and mobile testing, storing values in steps, querying the device driver and more advanced Quantum tricks.
- Extending Quantum - Creating listeners, working with multiple devices and more ways to make Quantum fit your needs.