Last updated: Jun 23, 2020 14:35
When working in the cloud, you are working on real mobile devices. This means that any user can change any setting on the device. A common scenario is when you navigate to your test website using Google Chrome on Android and you cannot log in. When you click Log in, the browser cycles back to the login page, with no errors. This starts an endless loop of login attempts where the site does not load, a black screen appears where your data should show, or the website only loads partially.
If you face this issue, you need to ensure that cookies are always allowed in Google Chrome.
To enable cookies in your Google Chrome browser for Android devices:
- Press the HOME button to return to the HOME screen.
- Click the Google Chrome app to open it.
- Click the 3 vertical dots (ellipsis) at the top-right of the browser, next to the address bar.
- From the list that opens, select Settings.
- Scroll down to locate and click the Site Settings option.
- Locate the Cookies option and click it.
- Set this option to Always Allow.
For additional steps on this, see the short video below. It will walk you through these steps on how to enable cookies in Chrome on your Android devices.