Last updated: Jun 28, 2019 17:33
When you have to change the location of a project from GitHub to GitLab or vice versa you need to do the following steps:
- Have the identical project on both Gitlab and Github. It has to be the same project version on both places.
- You need access to GitLab andGitHub and Jenkins
- Update the jobs in Jenkins so they point to the new project location
In order to update the job in Jenkins you need to do the following:
- In Jenkins go to the the job that you need to edit and click "Configure"
- Go GitlLab in order to copy the new URL of the project.
Click on "Clone" button and copy the text from the field " Clone with HTTPS"
3. Go to Source Code Management and select "Git"
Then change the URL in field "Repository URL"
Paste the new URL that you have copied from GitLAb
3. In "Source Code Management" and select "Add" on the Credentials tab
Chose username with your e-mail domain and password. Add them and add a description to the new credentials so you know which one to select.
4.Choose the new credentials and SAVE