Last updated: May 26, 2020 16:32
Charles is an HTTP proxy / HTTP monitor / Reverse Proxy that enables a developer/tester to view all of the HTTP and SSL / HTTPS traffic between their machine and the Internet. This includes requests, responses and the HTTP headers (which contain the cookies and caching information).
This blog outlines Charles Proxy integration with Perfecto device
- Download and install PerfectoConnect.
- Generate a TunnelID with the bridging proxy.
- Open a Perfecto device and connect with the generated TunnelID.
- Open the Charles proxy.
- Launch AUT (Native App/WebApp) in the device and see the Network traffic in the Charles proxy.
- Native/Hybrid applications traffic masked by default. You should request your developer to unpin certificates to capture traffic. More info in https://www.charlesproxy.com/documentation/using-charles/ssl-certificates/
- You may need to install SSL certificate in devices. Go to CharlesProxy → help → SSL Proxying → Install Charles Root Certification on Devices
- For iOS you need to trust the certificate before using it
- Post installation and trusting certificate, if you are getting an error "Remote Host closed connection during handshake", you must take an additional step to trust the Charles Root Certificate like below:
Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Testings