Perfecto Connect allows you to test Mobile and Web apps that are in your private network and therefore not publicly accessible, for example because they are hosted on your local development network or a backend server.
With Perfecto Connect, you can establish a secure tunnel to allow Perfecto services access to these non-public apps. The secure tunnel is based on SSH and allows a direct connection from Perfecto services, devices, and tools to your local environment without additional requirements, such as a VPN connection. The benefit is an end-to-end automation and integration flow of the Perfecto devices lab to your own backend development environment.
Perfecto Connect works without the need to install anything. You only need to download and execute the client application to establish a dedicated tunnel to Perfecto. You can then select devices in the automation script, associate them with the relevant tunnel, and run is a secured network connection that supports testing mobile apps, web apps, and websites hosted on the local development network. The Perfecto Connect feature opens a direct connection between Perfecto Lab devices and a local network/backend server or staged app not publicly available in other environments. This dedicated tunnel connection precludes the need of opening a VPN tunnel or defining the Perfecto Lab in the IP whitelist of the development network.
Perfecto Connect involves:
- Using a simple client command-line interface to establish the dedicated tunnel to the Perfecto Lab.
- Selecting devices in the Automation script and associating them to the relevant tunnel.
- Running the tests on the applications that reside in the secure zone of the development network.
The key values of the Perfecto Connect supportssolution include:
- Mobile devices and desktop web (fast web Windows devices only)
- Digital Support for both Mobile Devices & Desktop Web.
- The service fits any digital interactive, automation, and CI test executionsAssociating multiple devices with Executions.
- No installation is necessary, just execute the client application.
- Association of multiple devices on the same tunnel
- Tunnel Support for tunnel initiation from MacOS, Windows, and macOS/Windows/Linux workstationsBridging proxies .
- Support (for debugging & troubleshooting purposes) of customer’s bridging proxy (installed on a workstation) , – including support for Charles proxy and others, for debugging and troubleshooting
- Debugging over real devices from your local network/backend environment
Here is the flow of a typical Perfecto Connect session:
- Debug over Real Devices from the customer's local Network/Backend Environment.
Limitation: Perfecto Connect currently does not support Mac web machines.
Watch this short video to see how it works.
Learn more about using Perfecto Connect on the following pages: