Perfecto Mobile is now supporting the Appium Test Framework with enhanced capabilities making it an Enterprise Grade Quality Solution
On the automation front, Appium generally lacks:
- iOS system level (external app context) support
- Visual object recognition; it only supports OS level/native object recognition
- Support for parallel execution on multiple devices/OSes
- Support for hybrid app types is complex and unstable
- Native web browser support especially for iOS requires complex setup locally
- Rich reports post test execution
- Overall stability of the framework
On the environmental requirements front, Perfecto Mobile brings to Appium:
- Ability to work in different network conditions (via network virtualization)
- Support for different locations (inject GPS locations)
- Single-user performance capabilities
- Global coverage flexibility with devices and operating systems
We have added capabilities on top of the traditional Appium server implementation around:
- Real end-user environment testing
- Enterprise readiness
Customers can use their existing Appium test code and execute it in Perfecto Mobile's Continuous Quality Lab while enjoying additional capabilities like parallel and cross platform test automation, GPS injection, and a scalable and flexible cloud environment.
Perfecto Mobile's Appium Extension
We are able to execute any Appium script in various Perfecto Mobile cloud environments with complete remote access to real devices (off-the-shelf devices), providing full control of the device, and not just the application itself.
Working with Appium within the Perfecto Mobile CQ Lab (Continuous Quality Lab) allows our enterprise customers to employ real continuous integration for their mobile projects with fast feedback loops and maximum coverage for manual tests through automation, performance testing and production monitoring.