Introduction to Perfecto
Environment Setup Troubleshooting
Using Selenium capabilities to leverage Perfecto
Selenium waits – implied, implicit, fluent
Perfecto’s Reporting application
- Access to the company wireless network is required.
The required onsite services must not be blocked by security.
Internet connection: 250 kbps of bandwidth per device with low latency and network
- Connectivity over TCP port 1935 (RTMP), 80 (HTTP), and 443 (HTTPS).
- Access to the Perfecto Cloud
- Other relevant online software services (performance tools, Monitoring platforms, relevant download sites, and so on)
- If the instructor cannot be added to the company network, a guest network must be provided. The instructor must have stable network connectivity.
The training is hands-on. The strength of the connection should assume that all attendees access the network at the same time for training exercises.
Note: In the case of network difficulties, a network admin should be available to help.
Perfecto environment setup for users
The following items must be set up beforehand on all workstations.
Install Java JRE and JDK on your workstation. If you are unsure if it is installed, open the command line and type
Writing tests with Perfecto requires writing Selenium/Appium code in an IDE. We will cover this in the training. For now, all you need is select and set up the IDE of your choice.
Perfecto supports the major IDEs in the market, Eclipse and IntellijIDEA. Both offer the same functionality.
To set up your IDE, select the IDE you prefer and follow the IDE-specific instructions:
We now have an IDE installed, and our project is open. Next, we need to add credentials and run our first test, as follows:
|Working with native applications requires you to utilize Appium Inspector. For instructions on working with Appium Inspector, including information on the supported versions, see Appium Inspector.|
Selenium and Appium scripts work with objects that are identified with an XPath expression. We will cover this extensively in the training. Right now, all we need to do is ensure you have the Google Chrome browser installed, which provides built-in support for XPath.
You are now all set up with a working environment! We look forward to meeting you in the training.
Troubleshoot common issues
This section addresses issues you might encounter as you set up your environment. In addition, you can always refer to the information provided in the Perfecto documentation portal.
Following is a list of common issues:
- Proxy: In some organizations, access to the internet is set up via a proxy. For configuration information, see Use Java RemoteWebDriver with a proxy
- Network requirements: Perfecto requires and internet connection of 250 kbps of bandwidth per device with low latency and network connectivity over TCP ports 1935 (RTMP), 80 (HTTP), and 443 (HTTPS).
If you encounter an issue you cannot solve, follow these instructions:
- Issues relating to Perfecto credentials and permissions: Contact your system administrator or your Perfecto Customer Success Manager.
- Java installation issues: Contact your IT department.
- Other issues: Open a case with Perfecto Support. In the case, specify the following:
- Your trainer’s name and the date of your training
- Details of the problem encountered
- Which steps in this guide succeeded and the step where you got stuck