Perfecto environment setup for users
The following items must be set up beforehand on all workstations.
Install Java JRE and JDK on your workstation. If you are unsure if it is installed, open the command line and type
Writing tests with Perfecto requires writing Selenium/Appium code in an IDE. We will cover this in the training. For now, all you need is select and set up the IDE of your choice.
Perfecto supports the major IDEs in the market, Eclipse and IntellijIDEA. Both offer the same functionality.
To set up your IDE, select the IDE you prefer and follow the IDE-specific instructions:
We now need to prepare the Quantum framework setup. For comprehensive information on Quantum, see our Quantum Starter Kit on GitHub.
To prepare the Quantum setup:
We now have an IDE installed, and our project is open. Next, we need to add credentials and run our first test, as follows:
That's it! Your Quantum framework is set up and ready to go.
|Working with native applications requires you to utilize Appium Inspector. For instructions on working with Appium Inspector, including information on the supported versions, see Appium Inspector.|
Selenium and Appium scripts work with objects that are identified with an XPath expression. We will cover this extensively in the training. Right now, all we need to do is ensure you have the Google Chrome browser installed, which provides built-in support for XPath.
You are now all set up with a working environment! We look forward to meeting you in the training.
Troubleshoot common issues
This section addresses issues you might encounter as you set up your environment. In addition, you can always refer to the information provided in the Perfecto documentation portal.
Following is a list of common issues:
- Proxy: In some organizations, access to the internet is set up via a proxy. For configuration information, see Use Java RemoteWebDriver with a proxy
- Network requirements: Perfecto requires and internet connection of 250 kbps of bandwidth per device with low latency and network connectivity over TCP ports 1935 (RTMP), 80 (HTTP), and 443 (HTTPS).
If you encounter an issue you cannot solve, follow these instructions:
- Issues relating to Perfecto credentials and permissions: Contact your system administrator or your Perfecto Customer Success Manager.
- Java installation issues: Contact your IT department.
- Other issues: Open a case with Perfecto Support. In the case, specify the following:
- Your trainer’s name and the date of your training
- Details of the problem encountered
- Which steps in this guide succeeded and the step where you got stuck