Last updated: Oct 19, 2016 16:18
The Perfecto DevTunnel feature connects a Perfecto Lab device "directly" to your development station, to support local development, testing, and debugging on real devices.
Key capabilities of DevTunnel:
- Shared resources - Developers can share real mobile devices, hosted across the globe for their development activities. There is no more need to have local pools of devices at each location to cover multiple OS versions & device models. Devices are always available and accessible.
- Reduce time to fix – DevTunnel's remote access provides both the ability to easily debug on remote devices as well to easily reproduce complex issues, both issues detected by QA as well the ones that come from production. Easily configure the environment (e.g. network, location etc) while you have full access with your debugger.
- Easy setup and integration - Easy setup and fully integrated to the developers existing tools stack.
The general flow of developing with the Perfecto Lab DevTunnel feature involves:
- Open a Perfecto Lab device from either the Perfecto Interface or your IDE Plugin.
- Create the secure communication channel between the Perfecto device and your development station.
- Use the Perfecto Lab device, in place of the SDK emulators, for development, testing, and debugging with full integration with the IDE or Chrome inspect.
- When finished, disconnect the communication channel.