Last updated: Aug 20, 2019 02:15
Perfecto lets you test your Web app on desktop browsers hosted by Perfecto.
Launch an interactive web session
- In the My Devices panel, click Web and then Open new web session.
In the Open new web session dialog, select the desired configuration.
To view Selenium capabilities generated for the selected configuration in all supported languages, click View capabilities.
You can copy those capabilities and use them in your scripts. To view the capabilities when the session has started, click the information icon in the right vertical toolbar.
Click Open to start the session.
The interactive experience is similar to what you would be getting if using your local browsers:
- To type, click the desired field and start typing. You can type in any language that your workstation supports.
To view the context menu, right-click.
- Use familiar keyboard shortcuts, such as CTRL+A to select all text or CTRL+C and CTRL+V to cut and paste text, or other combinations supported by the OS.
- Use your mouse wheel to scroll.
- Use the developer tools of your session browser, usually by pressing the F12 key. The session catches all keyboard activity. To use the developer tools of your workstation browser, click the address bar and then press F12, or select it using the menu in your workstation browser.
- To take a screenshot, use your workstation snipping tool or any other graphic tool of your choice.
- To close a session, click the X on the session tab.
Share the clipboard (copy-paste)
You can copy and paste text between your local machine and all supported remote browsers. Currently, this feature is supported only for Google Chrome as your local browser. Perfecto is working on adding support for additional browsers.
To allow clipboard sharing:
- In the Chrome popup that appears the first time you open a remote browser, click Allow (as shown in the following image). This popup only opens once.
To change the existing configuration at any time:
- In Chrome, click the Settings button in the top right and select Settings.
- On the Settings page, at the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under Advanced, go to Site Settings > Clipboard.
- To the right of the Allow option, click Add.
- In the Add a site form, enter the following:
- Click Add.
The added site is now listed under Allow.
|Action||Remote Windows||Remote Mac||Comments|
Copy from client and paste to remote browser
|Supported||Supported||Pasting in Mac is done with Right-Click → Paste|
|Copy from remote browser and paste to client||Supported||Not supported|
When the new interactive UI is enabled, some features in the old UI no longer work. Gradually, the old UI will be completely disabled.