Travis CI is a hosted continuous integration service that you can use to build and test a variety of software projects hosted in GitHub. This section walks you through integrating Travis CI with Perfecto. When the integration is complete, Travis CI sends an execution report by email whenever a new commit is triggered.
A sample project is provided on GitHub: https://github.com/PerfectoMobileSA/TravisSample
- Go to https://travis-ci.org and click Sign up to authorize Travis CI on GitHub.
- On the Travis CI Dashboard, select your organization, search for your project, and turn on the repository switch.
- Next to the project name, click Settings; then configure the following:
- Environment variables: The name of your Perfecto cloud and your user's security token are passed as environment variables. Provide the name, value, and branches. Make sure that the DISPLAY VALUE IN BUILD LOG option is turned off so that critical information such as tokens and passwords is protected.
- Cron jobs: Schedule based on your preference.
- To help Travis CI pick up the Maven project and execute it, follow the sample
travis.yml file in our sample project on GitHub.
- To add a build status badge to the
readme.md file, following the instructions at https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/status-images.